Please note that admission for the current academic school year 2018/2019 will not be available on the website. Please contact the school’s admission staff for further details on available classes and how to apply.
Admission office Contact:
Qatar Academy Al Khor was established in September 2008 by Qatar Foundation to offer high standard education to the community in Al Khor and in its surroundings. Its mission and vision support those of Qatar Foundation and the Supreme Education Council. QAK offers national and international programs in order to prepare our students to meet the challenges of the 21st Century and be ready to pursue their education in renowned colleges and universities inside and outside Qatar. To achieve these goals, the school encourages the partnership with parents and appreciates their role to support its effort to develop independent thinkers, long-life learners and responsible citizens who are ready to meet the demands of an ever-changing world.
QAK will consider children for admission who meet the age requirements for specific grade levels and who are able to study English and Arabic at the same level of fluency. No student will be denied admission on grounds of race, color, religion, or ethnic background.
Students enrolled at QAK are expected to have Arabic as their mother tongue. Since English is the language of instruction of all subjects with the exception of Arabic and Islamic Studies/Qatar History students are expected to demonstrate a proficiency level in both languages that allows them to successfully access the curriculum in their respective grade level upon admission.
In order to be considered for admission, all students must have successfully completed the Entrance exams and demonstrated grade level competence in English, Arabic, and Math. Admission at all grade levels is by selection in the form of a written test and/or interviews. For further information please refer to the section Entrance Exams.
Parents must register prospective students on the online admissions portal.
- Download the School Tuition Fees Schedule Policy 2016-2017
- Download the School Tuition Fees Schedule Policy 2017-2018
Admission to the IB Diploma Programme
At QAK the IB Diploma Programme in Grades 11 and 12 (ages 16-18) follows after the IB Middle Years Programme in Grades 6 to 10 (ages 11-16). The IB Diploma Programme is a two-year international curriculum that fulfills the requirements for university entrance and the students’ tertiary stage of their education. Students are able to transfer into the IB programme from other IB world schools and/or other school systems.
IBDP Entry requirements “promotion from grade 10 for QAK students”
- Students have to meet the schools promotion requirements “Parent Handbook Pages 13-14”.
- Students must not have missed more than 18 days per year.
- Students must demonstrate commitment to learning by reflecting the ATL skills.
- Student s must obtain at least a grade 4 to register for SL courses.
- Student s must obtain at least a grade 5 to register for HL courses.
- Students need to have successfully completed the personal project.
- Completion of the requirements of service as action.
Admissions into the IBDP programme for new students
- Present complete school records and transcripts for Grades 8. 9 and 10.
- Students need to pass the entrance examinations in Arabic, English and Math.
- Confidential Academic recommendation from 2 teachers.
- Personal / Social recommendation from a “counselor, principal, dean of students, vice principal or principal”.
- Interview by DP coordinator and school counselor and relevant HOD’s.
- Students Subject choices meet the course offerings at QAK.
Students should consider the following in selecting courses
- Personal strength in individual subject.
- Future education and study plans.
- University requirements in the country of study choice.
- Consultation with teachers.
- Consultation with career guidance and university counseling.
- Consultation with parents.
- Language proficiency.