At QAK we continuously aim to provide a rigorous and holistic academic program, which will lead our students towards becoming responsible life-long learners who are ready for university and prepared for the challenges of life as young adults. Therefore, at QAK we will offer our students the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme (IBDP). The DP is designed as an academically challenging and balanced program that prepares students for success at university. The DP students will sit for external exams that are required by the IB. The IBDP is taught over two years (11th and 12th grades) and has gained recognition and respect from the world’s leading universities.
Since the late 1960s, the IB has:
- Provided an educational program that balances comprehensive subject material with an understanding of knowledge across disciplines through the unique Theory of Knowledge (TOK) course
- Encouraged international‐mindedness in IB students, starting with a foundation in their own language and culture.
- Developed a positive attitude to learning that prepares students for university education
- Gained a reputation for its rigorous external assessment with published global standards, making this a qualification welcomed by universities worldwide; and
- Emphasized the development of the whole student – physically, intellectually, emotionally, and ethically.