KG Curriculum Overview
The English and Arabic KG programs consist of integrated, hands-on, learning-through-play curriculums, focused on concept-based learning, taught through real-world connected units. The aim is to simultaneously contribute to the development of the whole-child, in both languages, through authentic learning experiences and developmentally appropriate educational activities. The teacher is there as a facilitator and guide to provide, and support students through, rich learning opportunities. The focus is on HOW students learn in order and to support individual student progress. Students are provided a variety of learning experiences through whole group, and small group, learning activities and different center activities to ensure all learning styles and interests are engaged.
Students learn through well-thought out units of study, which begin with what they know best (themselves). The integrated English and Arabic units of study are:
- Theme 1 " Who we are ", Unit of Inquiry " 5 Senses "
- Theme 2 "How the world works", Unit of Inquiry " Living Things "
- Theme 3 "Where we are in time and place", Unit of Inquiry " Houses "
- Theme 4" Sharing the planet ", Unit of Inquiry " Recycling "
- Theme 5 "How we express ourselves ", Unit of Inquiry " Stories "
- Theme 6" How we organize ourselves ", Unit of Inquiry " Transportation "